Guydo Consulting, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.
Our company is seeking a motivated, highly technical Kubernetes Architect/Engineer to join a small team of developers and cloud engineers in a fast-paced dynamic DevOps Environment. Our Kubernetes Architect will be instrumental to the overall success of the team and responsibilities will vary; assist client technical staff with AWS Cloud and Kubernetes best practices, identify and mitigate risks to client security procedures, assist in solving complex problems, establish the infrastructure and related methodologies for a new project in the AWS Cloud Environment and full life cycle support (planning, designing, building, supporting multiple applications development and test environments). Planning and supporting Kubernetes clusters to plan and execute the migration of non-containerized microservices into a Kubernetes based infrastructure is the main goal of this position.
Our Kubernetes Architect/Engineer will be highly analytical; possesses the ability to analyze project needs, design, build, configure, test, install software and patches, and manage all aspects and components of the application development, test, and production environments in an AWS Cloud and Kubernetes Cluster Environment. This engineer is highly technical; able to develop and produce Architecture drawings using Visio/LucidChart/related tool using standard architecture notations. Our candidate must also function as a design team member to engineer, implement, and manage DevSecOps Cloud Environments using a combination of AWS tools and services developed using Agile methodologies.
- Active Top Secret Clearance required with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or related field)
- Five or more years' software engineering and problem-solving experience
- Experience provisioning and migrating data and applications to AWS environments
- Experience provisioning and migrating data and applications to Kubernetes environments
- Advanced docker experience
- Ability to obtain AWS Certified Solutions Architect within 180 days after start
- Relational SQL database experience
- Web application development experience using Node.js
- Experience with VMWare/Informatica/MS Azure/C2S/AWS Cloud
- MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- AWS Developer Certification
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- ITIL Certification
- AWS Associate or Professional Solutions Architect
- Presentation skills
- Project/Development Lead experience